Many clients throughout the Tonopah area have heard the term vacuum forming, but they do not know what it really means, and they don’t know what it does or how it can help them in their business. Vacuum forming is a procedure that can shape performance plastic sheet materials into many different forms, and it is one of the best ways to make a host of different plastic products.
How Does it Work?
A type of thermoforming, vacuum forming, is a process by which a plastic sheet or thin sheet of plastic, such as a PVC sheet, is heated up so that it becomes malleable. The heating process includes the use of aluminum plates and infrared heaters. The heat application will come from the top and the bottom so that it is uniform and will provide the best results.
Once the heat finally reaches the proper temperature (which can differ based on the thickness of the sheets in use) the vacuum will mold the sheets to form the product. The vacuum is able to provide an airtight environment, which is going to be better for the overall molding process.
Products from Vacuum Forming
With this type of thermoforming, one could create countless types of products, and you may find that your company could benefit greatly from the process. One of the most common products using vacuum forming today are children’s plastic toys, but that’s just one of the possibilities. Product packaging is another option, and it is one most companies that create, manufacture, package and sell products could use. Most of the plastic items that you see around the home and office have gone through some type of thermoforming, and it’s often the vacuum process.
Tonopah Best Plastic Sheet Supplier
Anyone who is looking for added protection for a building will want to consider purchasing Plastic Roofing Sheets as these sheets can protect any roof from weather damage. They work well in both warm and cold climates and are very durable. Places where Plastic Roofing Sheets work best include sheds, garages, parking areas, and many other locations. It is easy to find suppliers of these materials as there are many companies online that offer them. Adding protection to a roof now can lead to big savings in the future.
Some of the many advantages of plastic roofing sheets include the lower cost, effective insulation of heat, and ease of installation. People have many different choices when it comes to the material they want to use on a roof. Their first choice may be metal, but this is a more expensive option. These are inexpensive and can be purchased in widths of three, four, and five feet. These sheets can also be custom cut to meet the needs of any roof. Insulation with this type of roof is great as the warm air is kept in during the cold winter months. Cooler air can be trapped inside during the summer. Plastic roofing sheets do not warm up too quickly or too slowly, so they are ideal for many building projects.
People who want to improve their home without the help of others will want to consider these Sheets. They are easy to install and can be cut with a heavy duty scissors or tooth saw. As long as someone knows the measurements of a plastic roofing sheet, they will be able to purchase a custom cut online. These sheets are light weight and easy to work with. Anyone will be able to install them on their own as opposed to having professionals install metal sheets.
The lower cost, effective insulation of heat, and ease of installation are just some of the many advantages of Plastic Roofing Sheets. Consumers will find these sheets to be aesthetically pleasing as they fit in well with the design of any home, garage, office, or other living space. Anyone who purchases them will be pleased they made the switch. Cold weather climates will enjoy watching the snow slide off these sheets when the sun shines on them. Now is a great time to purchase this type of material.
What Plastic Materials Are UV Stable?
Plastic corrugated or corrugated plastic as it is commonly referred, is one of the main products used in the reusable packaging industry. Sure, there are other items in this packaging sector such as molded totes or heavy gauge thermoformed plastic trays, but nothing says returnable packaging quite like plastic corrugated. Virtually anything that is made of paper corrugated can be duplicated using corrugated plastic. These items include plastic corrugated boxes, stackable totes, corrugated plastic partitions and dunnage, as well as material handling carts and racks using this resilient material as a main component.
The following tips regarding plastic corrugated will help you think like packaging professional the next time a reusable packaging application crosses your desk.
1. Try different styles of plastic corrugated containers before purchasing a production quantity to make sure you have all of the features your project needs. The best catalog descriptions in the world are no substitute for testing corrugated plastic in real situations.
2. Test different thicknesses of plastic corrugated with your particular application. Corrugated plastic is available in thicknesses ranging from 2mm to 13mm. You may be able to save money by using thinner material.
3. Check to see if your supplier has stock sheets of plastic corrugated from which they can produce your corrugated plastic containers. This will result in a quicker lead time.
4. Compare prices between using a stock sheet of plastic corrugated which is then die cut to your container size and having custom run corrugated plastic sheets for your project. Custom run plastic corrugated sheet sizes should be more efficient for your supplier to run which will result in a lower price per container.
5. Consider applying a printed label instead of direct printing or silk screening on plastic corrugated. Labels on plastic corrugated can look just as nice, will last longer, and cost less than silk screening on corrugated plastic.
6. Ask if a utility or recycled grade of corrugated plastic is available. Utility plastic corrugated is less expensive than virgin material.
7. Evaluate the cost of running a small production run of plastic corrugated (less than 100 pieces) using sample making equipment instead of purchasing a die. There could be a significant price difference.
8. Consider having plastic corrugated partitions and dunnage rod locked so they don't come apart. Corrugated plastic dividers made this way are more stable and last longer.
9. Test plastic corrugated against your product to make sure it doesn't scratch. Plastic corrugated is generally non-abrasive but there are some products that are susceptible to scratching. For these applications use plastic corrugated lined with a non-abrasive coating such as spunbond fabric or even cross link foam.
10. Consider corrugated plastic for internal dunnage that traditionally has been done using wood, steel, or aluminum. Recent advances in plastic corrugated technology allow it to be nailed, screwed, and bolted which results in reusable packaging that is incredibly strong yet lightweight.
In closing, these tips should help the novice as well as the seasoned veteran find alternatives to paper packaging while reducing their cost. In this day and age of pressure for cost reductions, plastic corrugated returnable packaging solutions can help any company improve their bottom line.